A concrete estimation and takeoff are used to provide a precise yet accurate estimate of materials, labor and cost required for a project. Additionally, it covers all possible expenditures like overheads and profit margin that may be exclusive of the basic material price.
In order to complete the project, it is essential to have a compact takeoff calculation for concrete and masonry projects. This will enhance the credibility of your project and reduce the ratio of wasted material. The services for concrete and masonry estimate are offered in both residential and commercial capacity such as homes, offices, apartments, educational facilities and other such set ups.
Project estimation can make or break your overall project’s financial viability. The professional with their practical knowledge and experience make this challenging task easy for you. So, if you’re seeking a reliable estimate for your concrete or masonry project, you must take experts on board to have accurate estimation for your hard-earned project.
Importance of having right kind of estimation
Estimates in construction projects act as a framework that structures the overall project design according to its budget to ensure financial viability. A measurable estimate of expenditures helps contractors to determine the project’s feasibility. The accurate and precise estimation raise the bid ratio that opens the door to opportunities for contractors, developer, and builders to expand their business. It also helps you stand out among your competitors. Making the right choice of estimating method is crucial for project design as it has a great influence on every aspect of a project.
Concrete Estimation Process
The estimation process starts with evaluating the drawing plans that are provided by the client to determine the effectiveness of the project plan. After that on-screen takeoff is performed using digital software that imports quantities into Excel spreadsheets with a detailed description of items. The excel spreadsheets contain the following details:
- The amount of concrete required for slabs, piers, footings, and other types of variables to be measured. It also includes estimates for transportation costs associated with delivering all different sizes of batches needed ahead.
- Depending on the type, whether or not the formwork is rented as well as any repairs are needed.
- The transportation costs must be taken into consideration.
- Concrete reinforcements including structural rebar and wire mesh are needed for strong support along with plastic mesh, anchor, stirrups, and dowels.
- Other miscellaneous costs also include storage expenses, concrete tests, logistics, wastage, etc.
Service Range for Concrete Estimate
- Concrete Quantity Takeoffs
- Contractor Marketing
- Excel Spreadsheets
- Change Order Estimates
- Design Estimates
- Material, equipment & Labor cost
- Marked-up color-coded drawings
- Bid and budget assistance
Quantifiable elements for concrete estimate
- Reinforced Concrete
- Round Column Block
- Square Plaster
- Structural Rebar
- Sill Block
- Shear Walls
- Lintels and Lintel Block
- Parking lots
- Shear Walls
- Tie Beams
- Wire Mesh
- Bond Beams
- Concrete Foundations
- Cast in Place
- Concrete Repairs
- Dowels and Decks
Masonry Estimation Process
The masonry estimate spreadsheet comprises the following components:
- From CMU units, stone, marble, and limestone to masonry panel rubble, corner units, bond beams, square pilasters, and all other masonry units are estimated for construction.
- Deduction for openings such as doors, ventilation, and windows.
- Masonry units have different categories which are important to mention separately such as furring to walls, facing, backing, walls, and partition.
- The requirement of mortar depends on factors that include site batching, mortar proportion, site conditions, and type of mortar (Cement, pre-blended, and Portland cement lime mortar.
- The amount of grout is required. The inclusion depends on the density of the concrete block that is used. It also includes wastage.
- Masonry scaffolding and reinforcement if it is required.
- Material, insulation, equipment, labor cost, man-hours, transportation, taxes, permits, and cost of restoration and maintenance also be included in the estimate.
- Inflation in prices also takes into account while estimation.
- Other miscellaneous expenditures of sleeves, brackets, brick ties, etc.
Service Range for Masonry Estimate
- Budget and Bid estimate
- Masonry quantity takeoffs and restoration estimate
- Masonry Consultation and contractor advertisement
- Masonry 3D designs for brick wall
Quantifiable for Masonry Estimate
- Granite and Limestone
- Stone masonry walls
- Glass and clay unit masonry
- Mortar and grout
- CMU masonry
- Glazed Masonry
- Sandstone and soapstone
- Chimney brick
- Brick tuckpointing etc.
How does it help you in designing your project?
The best thing about digital software instead of manual calculations and measurements is that you can get the area of any shape or size and there’s nothing more accurate than this to make a correct estimation. It saves you crucial time. You can get your estimate in just a few clicks with no error or approximation possible with the software program.
In addition, clients make a rough plan according to their desire, and takeoff experts accommodate them by creating a final look at the project plan while keeping the client’s requirements in mind. The plan finalizes after having an accurate assessment and estimation.
Why you should hire us?
We are a one-stop solution with experienced and highly reliable professional civil workers who can serve you at your doorstep. We provide well-qualified and experienced workers for you. We are one of the trusted companies that have been working in this field for quite a time. We are successfully able to establish solid relationships with our clients by delivering quality work on time. Our skilled workers are equipped with all the necessary safety gear to ensure that your project estimation is completed on time and within your desired budget.